Reserving a Flight for Passengers with Limited Mobility
Sundor is pleased to carry passengers with special needs, even when they are traveling alone. At the same time, if an unaccompanied passenger is unable to tend to him/herself due to severe mobility limitations in the event of an emergency evacuation, the airline is entitled to restrict his/her transport and to impose a number of requirements.
For your convenience we have prepared a checklist to help you ensure that you’ve made all of the important preparations for the flight:
· I consulted with a physician before reserving the flight.
· If my mobility limitations are a result of current medical conditions, I have obtained a health clearance document.
· When booking my flight I informed my travel agent or Sundor of my mobility limitations and specified my special needs, including special dietary needs and special accessories (such as a wheelchair, a Seeing Eye dog, etc.).
· If I was injured after making the reservation, I informed the travel agent or Sundor at least 48 hours before the flight date of the special needs that arose due to my injury. If as a result of my injury I require a wheelchair, I specified the type, size and weight of wheelchair I am using, and whether I will need wheelchair assistance during the flight.
· I have with me a prescription or authorization for my medications.
· I checked out which medical equipment and medical options are available on the plane.
· When purchasing my flight ticket, I inquired about service offered to passengers with limited mobility at the departure and arrival airports.
· I will arrive at the airport well in advance. At Tel Aviv a good time to arrive at the airport is 3 hours before departure time.
· I clarified the best time to arrive at the airport for my return flight, to receive the assistance that I need.